Breast Feeding Consultation
- Evaluation of the mother and child
- Collecting comprehensive health and feeding history
- Weighing the child to determine any weight increase or loss
- Observation of a whole feeding session
- Providing direct support to improve comfort and feeding abilities
With the help of an accurate scale that can measure up to half a teaspoon, milk intake at the breast can be precisely monitored by weighing the baby before and after nursing.
After completing a thorough evaluation and measuring milk transfer, the lactation consultant will recommend a feeding schedule that best suits the requirements of both mom and the baby. A baby’s feeding time should be considered while scheduling the initial appointment, which could last 60 to 90 minutes.
One session may not be enough to ensure breastfeeding success because of a number of variables. A follow-up visit is also offered in an effort to encourage and support breastfeeding.